Sunday 8 November 2020

BRIAN ROSE, THE STORY OF MY DAD FREEMAN ROSE.

New Episode
London Real
londonrealacademy.com 
Freeman Rose - The Story Of My Dad: The Conversation We Would All Love To Have With Our Father

Yahoo/Inbox
Brian at London Real <hello@londonreal.tv>Unsubscribe
To:Basheer Ahmad
Sun, 8 Nov at 12:23
 
London Real
New Episode
FREEMAN ROSE
 
 
The Story Of My Dad

Hi Basheer,

If you could ask your Father anything, what would it be?

A question about your childhood?

A question about his childhood?

A question about your great grandparents that you never knew?

Or perhaps something you never had the courage to ask him in person.

WELL I DID ALL FOUR.

And it made for a very interesting and emotional conversation.

I am very fortunate in that my Dad is still alive to ask these questions and that he’s also cool enough to sit down and let me record it!

Don’t get me wrong, this wasn’t easy to do, I had been asking him for eight years for this to happen and we finally got the chance to do it when I was in San Diego, California filming for our last documentary film Reconnect.

If you haven’t yet watched our movie Reconnect then click HEREand watch it for free. It documents my three ceremonies in Costa Rica with the plant medicine Ayahuasca and stars Graham Hancock, Dr. Jordan Peterson, Dennis McKenna, Sadhguru, Dorian Yates, Dr. Gabor Mate, Dr. Joe Dispenza, Michael Pollan, and Dan Pena.

The Conversation We Would All Love To Have With Our Father
I want to thank my Dad for trusting me to record this very personal conversation.

I also want to thank him for being my Hero, and making me the man I am today that I am very proud to be.

The older I get the more I realise that I am very much like him.

Sometimes we can get angry at our parents and we can judge them, but we can never truly know the difficulties they faced in raising us.  

Most of the time, they did their very best to make us the people we are today.
 

 

The Story Of My Dad The Conversation We Would All Love To Have With Our Father

663 views •

Not many people get the opportunity to have a personal interview with members of their own family, but this is my opportunity to sit down with Dad and get to know more about his life.

He was born in 1942 in Florence, Arizona in a hospital made of Adobe – mud bricks, to which people still use to this day. In fact, my grandad’s house was made of the same material.

Growing up, both his parents, my grandparents, were farmers and lived in the south of America. During the depression, they came west and ended up in Arizona. His dad worked as a farmer while his mother worked in the courts.

Times were tough. They didn’t have much, they had no real help, no services and it was all hazards and hardships.

We talk today about how life has gotten easier for people and there isn’t that challenge anymore to test yourself or push through adversity and standing up for what you are fighting for. It seems to be an easier way of life.

Yet, working on the farm helped me become a better person. Understanding the challenges of life and what it feels like to roll up your sleeves, dive into the hard work and savour the benefits for your accomplishments.

My father’s childhood was one he didn’t see as difficult. Sure, there were kickbacks and it was busy, but it is about reaching your goals to strive for better.

Personally, it helped him to step up and deliver, and he always thrived in a challenge. Similar to me, my father gave me a dose of masculinity to achieve more.

Likewise, we thrive on bettering ourselves and diving into a challenge. We both follow the same mantra in not taking on a task with little care or effort. It is all about asking the hard questions and getting answers.

My Dad is a very private person and this was a great opportunity to open up with him and discuss his early life, his parents, his influence on my childhood and his career.

So join us in this deep conversation, one that we have never really spoken about before, and hopefully this can inspire you to have the same conversation with your parents.


Big love,

Brian
Founder & Host, London Real
Brian Rose
Business Accelerator

  click HERE * I AM BANNED BY LONDON REAL SINCE FRIDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2020???

NO WARNING? NO REASON GIVEN?



Avatar
Join the discussion…Cannot join the "discussion" because I AM BANNED BY LONDON REAL!
Avatar

Brian, in the end you mention the Ayahuasca Ceremonie and then ask you dad how he felt about you doing this. He then says that this "surprised him". You then reply "So this is the right thing (?)". And your dad casually replies "it's fine".

This sounded like you asked him if he approved and you wanted to make sure that you fulfilled his expectations to - perhaps also to feel good about yourself. To me it felft, as if your dad just said "it's fine" (with a bit of a uncomfortable tonality) to tell you that he is fine with what you do if that is your choice and that should NOT look for his approvel. The way you had sort of asked "So this is the right thing" showed him that you wanted his approval and to me his replied seemed to imply that he just wants you to go your own way and is happy to cheer you on from the sideline. How weird would it be if the football players only played for the fans and not to score points and by focusing on the other players and on their own tactics. Nothing would get done. And it's weird if the players always checked out the fans to get validation. The best game happens if the guys on the pitch (you and all of us) just do their thing and enjoy the cheers when they come but not get side tracked.

Thanks for sharing this conversation. Your dad has a lot of wisdom and experience (and so do you). It really helped me a lot to see what has worked for him. I saw a lot of similiarities to my grandparents who were also farmers and worked hard all the time. My parents were bad rolemodels though - no dad and a psychologically ill mum who didn't work. So it's nice to bridge the gap between these different worlds. Your dad perspective really helped to clear a lot of conflicting views up within me. Thanks again.


  • Avatar

    A powerful conversation between Father and Son.

    I remember having a similar conversation with my Father many years ago around the same topics of family history, divorce and work ethic.

    I lost him 15 years ago, but this conversation bought back so many bitter sweet memories of that day with my Father when we really talked about the important things in our lives.

    Make time for these conversations.

    Thank You Brian for uploading this.

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment