APARTHEID AND OCCUPATION
Under Israeli military occupation, millions of Palestinians live in conditions which closely resemble the apartheid system that existed in South Africa:
• No right of free speech, assembly or movement
• Arrest and imprisonment without charge or trial
• Homes searches without warrant
• Assassination, extra-judicial murder
• No right to vote for the Israeli government (even though it controls their lives)
Israel controls all Palestinian borders, all imports and exports, and all movement between towns and cities.
THE GAZA STRIP, still surrounded, besieged and controlled by Israel, has been sealed off and effectively turned into the world’s largest open-air prison.
Israel repeatedly violates the Geneva Conventions by:
• Targeting, killing, and collectively punishing non-combatant men, women and children
• Moving its own population into an occupied zone
• Imposing unnecessary curfews and closures
• Exercising disproportionate use of force
Israel defies international law and hundreds of U.N. resolutions by:
• Refusing to end over 40 years of military occupation
• Expanding and adding Israeli settlements
• Building the Apartheid Wall to take over Palestinian land and water resources
• Denying the right of return for millions of Palestinian refugees
In 1948, the State of Israel created a Jewish majority by destroying over 500 Palestinian towns and driving over 700,000 Palestinians out of their homeland. Ethnic cleansing continues today in the form of expulsions and Jewish-only settlements.
EXPULSION AND SEPARATED FAMILIES
Israel expels Palestinians, separates Palestinian families, prevents Palestinian travelers from returning home, makes Palestinian living conditions unbearable, and commits outright assassination and murder of Palestinians.
ILLEGAL ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS
Palestinians are driven off their land in the Occupied Territories to make room for Jewish-only settlements. These illegal settlements are funded by the Israeli government and are strategically placed to annex farmland and water resources. Israeli Jewish settlers have rights that are denied to their Palestinian neighbors.
For over 60 years, Israel has defied international law by refusing to let Palestinian refugees return to their homes; the refugees of this expulsion and their descendents today number in the millions.
FALSE PEACE PROCESSES
The 1993 Oslo Accords created a powerless Palestinian Authority whose only real authority was to maintain the military occupation for Israel. The 2000 Camp David II talks offered Palestinians not a state, but a series of reservations, subdivided by Israeli settlements and settler roads, controlled by Israel and the Israeli military.
Through all peace negotiations, Israel has continued building more Jewish-only settlements, driving more Palestinians off their land, and killing more Palestinians.
THE UNITED STATES SUBSIDIZES ISRAEL with more annual aid than we provide to all of sub-Saharan Africa and poverty-stricken Latin America combined. The U.S. also provides Israel with military technology: our helicopters, drones and bombs are killing Palestinians, costing us enormous amounts of taxpayer funds, and doing severe damage to our national security and international relationships.
This conflict is not a struggle between equals. This is a powerful, well-armed state imposing a military dictatorship on another people.
Stop spending our tax dollars on war crimes, apartheid and ethnic cleansing.