Sunday 2 December 2018

KAAMILAH, SINÉAD O'CONNOR, SAINT PATRICK, PAPA, DADA, CÉDRIC AND KENJI.

MY RELIGION: LOVE AND HOPE WITH GOD, THROUGH LIFELONG STRUGGLE, DEDICATION, SACRIFICE, AND PERSEVERANCE ! 

 SAINT PATRICK, PAPA, DADA, CÉDRIC AND KENJI.


 


Inspired by KBQ - Fri 1st of December 2018 - 2:21 PM



Sinéad O'Connor - A Perfect Indian

"I think of you when I hear this whatever it means. Lir's children is mythological". KBQ


 KAAMILAH BINT QADAR


Sinéad Marie Bernadette O'Connor ( /ʃɪˈneɪd oʊˈkɒnər/; born 8 December 1966) is an Irish singer-songwriter who rose to fame in the late 1980s with her debut album The Lion and the Cobra. O'Connor achieved worldwide success in 1990 with a cover of Prince's song "Nothing Compares 2 U".


* By the way, my father was born on 10 December 1918.


Sinéad O'Connor - A Perfect Indian


Fri 1st of December 2018 - 2:21 PM


"I think of you when I hear this whatever it means. Lir's children is mythological". KBQ




 I do not even understand what Sinéad meant by "Indian"!  So, I won't go any deeper into the lyrics, but the SOFTNESS OF HER VOICE IS MESMERISING!  It is sad that most people who pretended to love her or her songs proved themselves to be mere hypocrites as we saw as soon Sinéad embraced Islam! 


KBQ was the one who introduced me to Sinéad O'Connor back in 2013 and she had a definite influence on me regarding our own relationship because I always see too deep in matters pertaining to the heart, and often see what is not. My love for spirituality, poetry and my romantic outlook in life was to contribute to my own material downfall although spiritually it never affected me, but was even necessary for me to understand more about God and spirituality.  The challenge of life continues with my son and grandchildren, and, I have so much on my hands that I try my best to keep away from distraction from other "humans"!    


But, I thought it my duty to advise caution regarding the lyrics sung by our beloved daughter Sinéad O'Connor before she embraced Islam.  Remember she had no good parents, an evil mother, and was herself the product of a decadent society.  She was repeatedly suicidal despite being born in a Christian (decadent) environment, and under a British Colonial Godless State or a Monarchic Marxist family-breaking tyranny. 


Lir's children is a horrible tale of sheer evil at the time where Ireland, and druids were heavily involved in horrible magic spells, true and fabricated (mythical).   British Royalty is still steep in it!  

 ("The Church of England describes itself as Christian but practices pagan ceremonies rooted in sun worship and the ancient druidic traditions of England"- jon wain

Published on 2 Jan 2017)





  Poor Sinéad has indeed been "feeling like Lir's children", all four, and for too long, and her humanity was terribly at risk!  When Christianity came to Ireland, it did not save Lir's children (a tale) from the diabolical spell of their step-mother Aoife, the most powerful witch of the tribe or community whose spell nobody could undo!



It is sordid to use such an evil tale and graft Christian (not Christic!) love upon it whereby we are said to be saved BY FAITH ALONE (Rabbi Paul!) without any righteous works!



Sorry, but, you know me!  Words always trigger such kinds of responses on my part when I see it relevant!



Love

Basheer, PAPA, DADA.

Monday 3rd of December 2018


PAPA TO MUHAMMAD CÉDRIC

Sinead O'Connor - My Special Child (Official Video)



 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0EzHUmthE



Adapted by BAFS

Think about my little boy

His yellow skin and his dark hair

And how his mother's heart was frozen

I spoke to him, and I said:

"You won't regret the father you have chosen."

And, I didn't lie.

Where's his mother tonight and all the nights?



She kicked both of us out!

22 years have gone by

And I think about her cruel heart

And how her lies have left me broken

To think that I spoke to him, then I said:

"He won't regret the father he has chosen."

And, I didn't lie.

Where's his mother tonight and all the nights?



You are precious to me

After all I called you into being

I wanted you to know that

Yes, you are precious to me



And I miss my little boy

I was kept away

So close yet so far away in mind and spirit

And I need him tonight, every night

To feel his hands around my face

His loving eyes

His happy face

Would be so right



But, my son needs me more, a lot more

Or another to be loved and loved forever!



Once I sat in my car

Him in my arms

Woke up and saw me crying

My heart wouldn't work

And this, he did my special child

He touched my face with his hand and smiled

Oh, boy, everything's alright

Don't cry, everything's alright

Don't cry, Papa's here tonight and every night

Don't hide, Papa's here alive, insha'Allah!





**********************

 


ORIGINAL SONG

Think about my little girl

Her yellow skin and her dark curl

And how her father's heart was frozen

I spoke to her, and I said:

"You won't regret the mother you have chosen."

I lied

Where's she tonight?



I left him

Now we're apart

And I think about his cruel heart

And how his lies have left mine broken

To think that I spoke to him, then I said:

"She won't regret the father she has chosen."

I lied

Where's he tonight?



You were precious to me

After all I called you into being

I wanted you to know that

Yes, you were precious to me



And I miss my little boy

I strayed away

So far away

And I need him tonight

To feel his hands around my face

His loving eyes

His happy face

Would be so right



Once I sat in my husband's car

Him in my arms

Woke up and saw me crying

My heart wouldn't work

And this, he did my special child

He touched my face with his hand and smiled

Oh, boy, everything's alright

Don't cry, everything's alright

Don't cry, Jakes's here tonight

Don't hide, Jake's here alive


PAPA TO KENJI



My Darling Child
 








My darling child
My darling baby
My darling child
You gave life to me
My darling child
My darling baby
My darling child
You came and saved me
My darling child
My darling baby
My darling child
God gave you to me
Me little ninja
My little dancer
Me little streetfighter
Me little chancer
Me lovely boy
Me lovely babby
My pride and joy
Me little puppy
Me little wolf
Me little lamby
My favourite boy
My angel babby

Me little ninja
Me little dancer
Me little streetfighter
Me little chancer
Me love me boy
Me love me babby
My pride and joy
Me little puppy


The real story of Saint Patrick

The World of Saint Patrick

Everyone knows about Saint Patrick — the man who drove the snakes out of Ireland, defeated fierce Druids in contests of magic, and used the shamrock to explain the Christian Trinity to the pagan Irish. It’s a great story, but none of it is true. The shamrock legend came along centuries after Patrick’s death, as did the miraculous battles against the Druids. Forget about the snakes — Ireland never had any to begin with. No snakes, no shamrocks, and he wasn’t even Irish.

The real story of St. Patrick is much more interesting than the myths. What we know of Patrick’s life comes only through the chance survival of two remarkable letters which he wrote in Latin in his old age. In them, Patrick tells the story of his tumultuous life and allows us to look intimately inside the mind and soul of a man who lived over fifteen hundred years ago. We may know more biographical details about Julius Caesar or Alexander the Great, but nothing else from ancient times opens the door into the heart of a man more than Patrick’s letters. They tell the story of an amazing life of pain and suffering, self-doubt and struggle, but ultimately of faith and hope in a world which was falling apart around him.



Saint Patrick stained glass window from Cathedral of Christ the Light, Oakland, CA. Photo by Simon Carrasco. CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons.

The historical Patrick was not Irish at all, but a spoiled and rebellious young Roman citizen living a life of luxury in fifth-century Britain when he was suddenly kidnapped from his family’s estate as a teenager and sold into slavery across the sea in Ireland. For six years he endured brutal conditions as he watched over his master’s sheep on a lonely mountain in a strange land. He went to Ireland an atheist, but there heard what he believed was the voice of God. One day he escaped and risked his life to make a perilous journey across Ireland, finding passage back to Britain on a ship of reluctant pirates. His family welcomed back their long-lost son and assumed he would take up his life of privilege, but Patrick heard a different call. He returned to Ireland to bring a new way of life to a people who had once enslaved him. He constantly faced opposition, threats of violence, kidnapping, and even criticism from jealous church officials, while his Irish followers faced abuse, murder, and enslavement themselves by mercenary raiders. But through all the difficulties Patrick maintained his faith and persevered in his Irish mission.

The Ireland that Patrick lived and worked in was utterly unlike the Roman province of Britain in which he was born and raised. Dozens of petty Irish kings ruled the countryside with the help of head-hunting warriors while Druids guided their followers in a religion filled with countless gods and perhaps an occasional human sacrifice. Irish women were nothing like those Patrick knew at home. Early Ireland was not a world of perfect equality by any means, but an Irish wife could at least control her own property and divorce her husband for any number of reasons, including if he became too fat for sexual intercourse. But Irish women who were slaves faced a cruel life. Again and again in his letters, Patrick writes of his concern for the many enslaved women of Ireland who faced beatings and abuse on a daily basis.

Patrick wasn’t the first Christian to reach Ireland; he wasn’t even the first bishop. What made Patrick successful was his dogged determination and the courage to face whatever dangers lay ahead, as well as the compassion and forgiveness to work among a people who had brought nothing but pain to his life. None of this came naturally to him, however. He was a man of great insecurities who constantly wondered if he was really cut out for the task he had been given. He had missed years of education while he was enslaved in Ireland and carried a tremendous chip on his shoulder when anyone sneered, as they frequently did, at his simple, schoolboy Latin. He was also given to fits of depression, self-pity, and violent anger. Patrick was not a storybook saint, meek and mild, who wandered Ireland with a beatific smile and a life free from petty faults. He was very much a human being who constantly made mistakes and frequently failed to live up to his own Christian ideals, but he was honest enough to recognize his shortcomings and never allow defeat to rule his life.

You don’t have to be Irish to admire Patrick. His is a story of inspiration for anyone struggling through hard times public or private in a world with unknown terrors lurking around the corner. So raise a glass to the patron saint of Ireland, but remember the man behind the myth.

Headline image credit: Oxalis acetosella. Photo by Erik Fitzpatrick. CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons.

Philip Freeman earned his Ph.D. in Classics and Celtic Studies at Harvard University. He teaches at Luther College in Decorah, Iowa and is the author of fifteen books, including The World of Saint Patrick.



1.   Germaine







8.   A Perfect Indian 


10.   All Babies



13.   Famine

 



No comments:

Post a Comment